Install handrails on stairs chair is to cut the ends or mitered corners for a precise fit and smooth flow. Mistakes to cut the rail of the chair are expensive, so it is important to take time to get the right angle.
- Hold a piece of chair rail on the wall of the stairs so that it is parallel to the slope of the stairs. Hold a second piece of chair rail along the horizontal installation point on the wall at the bottom of the stairs.
- Overlap at least 3 inches (7.62 cm) of the chair rail ladder with chair rail in the bottom of the stairs, so there is enough edge to mark the angle.
- Make a pencil mark where the upper and lower points of each section of the chair rail meet. Connect the marks with a ruler to create a line in each section of the chair rail line.
- Cut the chair rail ladder along the pencil line with a miter saw for cutting clean.
- Sand the edge of cutting each section chair rail slightly to soften the wood. Install the chair rail on the wall.
- Repeat this process with the chair rail at the top of the stairs and any necessary joint along the ladder.